Thursday, March 25, 2010

First day of blogging...


Welcome to the first day of blogging and my adventure with Gunner in training to Hunt/field trial. Gunner is my 8 month old Blue Weimeraner. I am a 49 year old Mom and Grandmom. So I don't know who has the biggest learning curve. I'll try to tell how wonderful it is to see Gunner learning to do what he was bred to do and what his instinct tells him is his purpose.

I have to tell you the stuff you have to learn and know to train a dog for this is alot and sometimes confusing. But the joy in just watching him run like water over the field and stop nose all quiver and little nubbin tail straight out and leg pulled up tight to his chest. It is amazing to see. I'll be posting some pics and use this as my training diary and note my results and the mistakes we make. By we I mean probably me. Looking forward....

No comments:

Post a Comment