Monday, August 16, 2010

It's Mon and not a great training day, so far

It's a Mon. all around. Took Gunner out to train with 2 pigeons. Thom went with us. So of course Gunner had a bad day. He wouldn't listen and was just crazy. I don't know if it was the slightly cooler temps or the guy that showed up with 3 off leash beagles. Normally there is no one there this early in the morning. But not today. I should have taken it as a sign, that and Gunner was just being impossible. Did I?? Nooo. I had Thom plant the pigeons and we set out to find them. Well he had a hard time finding the first one and then it was just sitting there in front of a tree. He did point, briefly, before he grabbed it. (I have video but it is not great ) I was in the wrong place and couldn't control him. Bad Mom. The second bird, took off just as we got to where Thom planted it. So I guess he will show up home after a bit.
To try to salvage the day we did some retrieves and he did alright with that. Not great but it is just one of those days. If it stays some cooler today, it will be a 2 day training day. Do they make Ritalin for dogs...or maybe it is me. Oh well I guess a bad day just happens every so often. I'll be doing bird work again Wed. Tomorrow is swim day if the lake is alright to swim in.

2 comments:

  1. For us, Monday is always a rather bad day. We hope tomorrow is better! Lots of love, Debbie and Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope tomorrow goes better for you!

    ReplyDelete